Friday 22 February 2019

What's been in the news this week... Polar Vortex.

The U.S has been in the grip of a polar vortex recently and has been all over the news.

What is a polar vortex? A polar vortex is a upper level low pressure area laying near one of the Earth's poles. A polar vortex is the most dangerous when it gets weaker because it makes even worse winter conditions. It made terrible weather conditions in Eastern America. In winter the temperature of the polar vortex usually drops around 195 k and stratospheric clouds form. 
Steam- Lake Michigan

I think the polar vortex seems kind of interesting although I am glad I am here in the summer than there in the freezing cold.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jasmine, I had never heard of a polar vortex before I read this news article. The temperature in parts of America and Canada have been bitterly cold. I don't particularly like being cold so am glad that I am here also. Do you know how often polar vortex occur?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Jasmine my name is Jreh and I go to Taipa Area School,
    Nice writing, It looks like you did a lot of research of this polar vortex great job and Hope you get good comments.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.