Friday 7 August 2020

Enlargement art - Jasmine S

This week in maths we have been creating enlargements of cartoon characters. First we had to print out a smallish black and white picture of our cartoon character of choice, we then had to rule out squares squares across the character as even as we could get them. I made mine one centimetre wide as it was easier in my opinion. We then had to figure out how much we were to enlarge it by, I enlarged mine by six centimetres. Next we had to draw up the character to try and make it look like a bigger version of the picture we printed out, once we did that we coloured it in, cut off the paper that didn't get used and glue it onto a brown piece of paper.
As you can see I drew Sylvester from Looney Tunes. I found this activity really fun to do as I enjoy drawing especially when I have some choice in what it is. I found this difficult to do at the start since it took awhile to get used to drawing in a different way than usual and trying to make sure everything was in the right place and looked right but as I started to get about halfway of doing each part it became quite easy to figure out and draw. I really recommend trying this out as it was really fun to make!
Thanks for checking out my blog and I hope to see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.