Friday 24 August 2018

Literacy Term 3 Week 5

This week for literacy we were given a picture and asked to write a descriptive story with it. We could go where ever we wanted with it as long as were were using our descriptive language indicators.
This was the picture we were given this is my story.
Midnight eyes


One night as I was driving through the middle of nowhere my car
suddenly broke down. I got out to see what the problem was when
suddenly everything went black. When I woke up I heard snoring.
I tried to get up then realized I was tied to a chair. I looked around to
see six dark cages the snoring was coming from them. I looked in front
of me to see a grandfather clock leaning on the wall. Tap tap tap. I
looked behind me to see a strange figure in all black clothing it was too dark to see who this figure was.
They were coming closer and closer closer until they were standing next to me. They took off their hood
and said “remember me?” in a quiet tone. I stayed quiet. I didn’t recognize them or their voice. “ No sorry
who are you what is this place?” She laughed. “Of course you don’t that's what they all say” she went back
up stairs and pushed a button and then she waited. I turned around to see all 6 cages opening slowly. I heard
the grandfather clock ding it's hands were both on 12. I no longer heard snoring instead I heard people they
were all in pain. It stopped for a split second then I heard wolves growling. I looked into the cages. There we
re eyes the eyes weren't human eyes but instead red eyes of a wolf. I panicked I could feel the rope losning
as I struggled to the point I could just about get out of there. I saw the wolves coming out out of the shadowy
cages and closer to me. There were black wolves, red wolves, brown wolves and blond wolves I realized
those people they were werewolves. I managed to get myself out of the ropes I had been in. I ran I noticed the
strange lady standing there laughing her eyes were closed so I ran up the stairs to find I had somehow gotten into
a city. I could hear the werewolves growling from the bottom of the stairs. They were no longer after me but
the lady instead I found my fixed car and drove away as fast as I could.

I think this was a really fun activity because we got to write what ever we thought of from the image. We also had to do out zoo activity.
These are the zoo tasks i did this week

These were fun activity's to do because all the zoo tasks are really exciting and fun to do.

Hope you enjoyed looking at my blog bye!

7 comments:

  1. Hello There, Jasmine. I like how you have used good grammer for your writing, midnight eyes. I like the picture that you used for midnight eyes. Sounds spooky, to me. I think you have done an amazing job on your writing. From Caitlyn, Totara 3.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jasmine,
    Kyah here from Mamaku 2 as you probably already know...
    Anyways I like the way you wrote the story midnight eyes the picture you were given did look like a scary story.
    Did you enjoy doing this task?
    Bye for now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia Ora Jasmine!
    Bailee here from Mamaku 1.
    I love your elephant drawing and I'm really fascinated by it.
    Maybe next time you could add some more writing and tell me more about this elephant. Apart from that this is a great blog post and I cant wait to see more of your posts in the future.
    By for now!
    Bailee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jasmine.

    Its Hannah here from Mamaku 2.
    I love your elephant drawing It looks so realistic I like how you have added all the features of an Elephant like The eyes, horns, trunk And floppy tail,What was your favourite thing about the task? did you like the zoo tasks or the spooky story task?.Anyways time to go look forward to seeing more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah!

      Thanks for the positive comment!
      I can't really decide whether I liked doing the zoo tasks or the stories more. I guess I liked writing more no zoo tasks I honestly don't know.
      Bye for now! 😎

      Delete
  6. Kia or Jasmine. What a clever piece of descriptive writing. You have really engaged with the learning task!! I suggest you have a personal writing book and keep up writing creatively or write a journal of your memories and thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.